Thursday, September 06, 2012

You have got to be kidding me.

Tucker is killing me.  Today was an AWFUL day.  Like, have my husband come home and find me sitting on the kitchen floor crying kind of day and then telling him that I can't be around them for another moment or else their safety and my own will be at risk kind of bad day.  (Thank goodness for my husband!  I am so lucky to have him.)  Cooper has been driving me crazy and today was at an all time high.  I can't take my eyes off of him for a minute or else he gets into trouble.  For some reason he refuses to play with toys.  He just likes to invade all the "grown up stuff" such as my purse, sharp scissors, knives, he climbs on up onto counters to find all the outlawed stuff I stick on top of the fridge, 5 lb bag of sugar, bags/boxes of cereal, full gallons of milk, 4 bananas in one sitting- open and smashed on the carpet...not eaten, cabinets under the bathroom sink, mine & Todd's nightstands, the closet where I keep the kids painting/art supplies, my bin of wrapping supplies in a bin under my bed, my 5 loads of folded laundry which hadn't made it to their designated rooms, Todd's i-touch, the portable dvd player, my cell phone, the computer, a gallon of primer out in the garage (that goodness he could not get it open!)....the list goes on and on.  The worst part is that this is just the past two days.  
So I was already frustrated with him and then while I was cooking dinner the three boys were all playing fairly well together in the other room.  I had a feeling to check on them and this is what I came across.
......
"Did you guys get into the chocolate chips again?" 
"No, Mom."
......
......
......
(My brain trying to compute said information) 
Then it dawned on me when Tucker turned around and I saw the mess.  And then I saw the door with his "art work."  I will spare you the pictures this time...well, except for the one above.
It helps if you just picture it as chocolate.  
That's what I do. 
I really am going to have to consider the pj's 24 hours a day now. 
So, to sum it all up:
This day was crappy
and
I mean that in the literal sense.

3 comments:

katina said...

There are no words for days like that. I'm sorry!! I've recently been thinking that if I didn't learn in the temple that children were a joy, I would think the exact opposite. :0)

Robbie+Erin said...

I'm sorry Meagan! This is when I wished I lived close, sounds like you need some retail therapy/Diet Coke/a giant piece of chocolate cake. Just think of all the leverage you will have with Tucker someday, those poop pictures will be the best blackmail :)
Love you!!!

Rebecca said...

That sounds pretty much just awful. I know you didn't ask for advice, and if you don't want it, that's fine too...but have you tried spanking him? I know some parents are against spanking and if you are, that's cool with me. But sometimes I think it works - with particular children - and who knows, maybe getting a good (meaning one) hard spanking maybe he'd stop with some of his messes? Your poor, poor girl!